Image Map

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

From DRAB to Color FAB!!

So, I was shopping at the goodwill and I ran across this old Directors chair and I picked it up for $5.00.

 
The first thing that we did was take it apart, and we (my husband and I) sanded down the white paint and then spray painted the frame of the chair bright orange! That was the easy part! Next I took the old fabric and thought I would dye it dark purple The dye did not take at all and it turned out awful!!
 
So I had to figure out what to do next!! I can not sew.... so I knew that I had to find someone else to sew a new seat for me. So lucky me, I was able to enlist the help from my friend Michelle and she sewed me new bright purple fabric for my chair!! Below is the finished product!! I'm so excited to put this new bright chair in my classroom!! It really will brighten up my room!!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...