Image Map

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Tye Pillows for Students

Well, it's been awhile since I posted. Things have been crazy at school and I've been busy. I decided that I would make Tye Pillows this year for my students since I have such a small class. Although, I don't have a big class I was dreading putting the pillows together, however today I got super lucky! My wonderful friend Amy and her awesome daughter Abbie came over and helped me. In what would have probably taken me HOURS to complete on my own we completed it in just over 2 hours working together!!

So the Type Pillows were made with a quarter of a yard of fabric.
Once you have the fabric cut in the size you need than you need to cut a square out of each corner of the fabric. Once that is done you need to cut strips of about 1 inch around all sides of the fabric.





See above how my amazing helpers are cutting strips in the fabric? They made this project bearable for me and helped me to complete it much quicker than I would have.

Once that was done it was just time for us to tie the pillows around 3 of the sides and then we just had to stuff the pillow stuffing and finish tying off the pillows. I'm happy the way they turned out and just hope my students like them too!
Here is our finished lot of 12 pillows! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...