Image Map

Sunday, October 20, 2013

No More Reading Without Support

What a gloomy rainy day! This is the kind of day that makes you want to curl up on the couch watching TV, surfing the internet and reading a book. Well that is what I've done this weekend. I read the book "No More Independent Reading Without Support". The book was co authored by Debbie Miller and it was a short book and an easy read.

This book gave some clear reasons why we shouldn't just let our students loose with independent reading. We have to be there with conferences to support them and ensure that they are growing. I knew what they were saying in this book, but it just solidified my belief about independent reading and how I know this is a great way for students to grow as readers. However, I also know that I must be there for support! Happy Reading!

How often do you conference with your students?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tammy! I love your blog! I followed it and posted it on the blogs I love! Hoping you can do the same. 5thgradeandfab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...