Image Map

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Reading

I have been doing the Daily 5 in my classroom and it's been in full swing. I haven't introduced all of the choices quite yet, but the kids are doing well with what they have been doing.

The one thing that is going amazingly well is conferencing! I have a small class this year of only 14 students and with the help of some great para's in my room we have been able to conference with every kiddo in the class everyday! I am truly hoping this extra help for the kids will help them to become better and and more metacognitive readers! I will start strategy groups next week and we will be focusing on Close Reading! We will work on other strategies as well, but using Close Reading will allow the students to really dig in deep to their reading.

What kind of strategy groups do you use in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...